Monday 23 May 2011

Bicycle bingo

I've been watching the superb eurosport coverage of the Giro D'Italia and Tour of California and taking note of a cycling glossary, a few always stick in the mind:


Chewing the handlebars
Pedalling squares 


However, my all time favourite is Phil Liggett's classic on the early days of Channel 4's coverage of the Tour De France


Dancing on the pedals....


I met Phil Leggett many years ago at the Tour of Britain, I asked for his autograph, only to realise that the rider standing next to him was Sean Kelly. I was somewhat embarrassed and then asked "Mr Kelly, can I please have your autograph?' He duly obliged and Phil gave Sean a dig. I've often had a giggle and wondered if Sean Kelly thought that this may have been the time to move into TV?


Chapeau!


www.liggettfan.com/

3 comments:

  1. "Its not all beer and skittles by any means" - gotta love Duffers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent and very exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking. จีคลับ6666

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. สมัครบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete